Trade Exhibitors Basic Safety Rules
Wanaka A & P Show Basic Safety Rules
- Report any significant hazards immediately to the show office.
- All accidents must be reported to and recorded by the Trade Exhibitor.
- Wear protective safety equipment appropriate to the task being undertaken and always abide by industry, manufacturers and workplace guidelines.
- Use guards on tools and equipment as designed and ensure all equipment is in safe working order.
- Ensure safe and suitable power supply to all tools and equipment especially around any wet areas. Always use residual current devices (RCD’s) and ensure tools are maintained and tagged / certified for work undertaken.
- When using lifting equipment, do not overload. Secure load and always move with caution.
- If task requires you to physically lift anything, ensure you use correct lifting technique.
- Strive to provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Do not exceed the on show site speed limit of 15km.
- Keep all work areas as clean and as tidy as is practical.
- The Wanaka Show Committee observe the Smoke-Free Environments Act 1990 – abide by this at policy at all times.
- Practice good hygiene at all times.
- This is a public place and care and caution must be observed at all times.
If you are unsure – ASK